One definition of eschatology in Christianity is the study of religious beliefs concerning future and final events as described in the Bible. This has been a popular topic of late. If you don't want to get into the nuts and bolts of a Bible study, I'd recommend that you pursue the various LaHaye and Jenkins books about these times such as the Left Behind series. While fictional, I think they do a very good job of describing Biblical prophecy. On the other hand, if you want a more detailed study than what I will present here, I suggest you consider reading Dake's God's Plan for Man, or purchase a copy of Dake's Annotated Reference Bible. Both of these last two works cover the entire Bible in addition to his study of the end times.
There are a couple of sequences here. The primary one here studies Revelation and Daniel. You really can't cover Revelation without at least studying Daniel along with it. There are many other passages in the Old Testament that cover the millennium, but Daniel is critical for the time after the rapture through the anti-Christ's reign.
- Revelation Chapter 1: An Introduction to the Book of Revelation
- Revelation Chapter 2 and 3: The Letters to the Churches of Asia Minor
- Daniel 1-5: Nebuchadnezzar and Babylon
- Daniel 7: The Four Beasts and the Horns
- Daniel 8: The Ram, He Goat, and Little Horn, Daniel 9: The 70 Weeks
- Daniel 9: The 70 Weeks
- Daniel 10-11:34: Darius through the Maccabees
- Daniel 11:35-end of Daniel: Final wars and Tribulation
- Between Revelation 3 and 4: The Timing of the Rapture
- Revelation Chapter 4 and 5: Worshipping the King
- Revelation Chapter 6 and 7: The Seven Seals
- Revelation Chapter 8 and 9: The First Six Trumpets
- Revelation Chapter 10 to 13: Two Witnesses, 7th Trumpet, Beast of Sea and Earth, Mark of the Beast
- The Mark of the Beast
- Revelation Chapter 14 to 15: The Manchild, Armageddon, The Preparation of the 7 Vials
- Revelation Chapter 16 to 18: The 7 Vials, the Whore of Mystery Babylon, and the Overthrow of Literal Babylon
- The Great Olivet Prophecy
- Revelation 19 to 20: Armageddon, the Millennium, the White Throne Judgement
- Revelation 21 to 22: New Heaven, Earth, and Jerusalem
This next series of pages is a mostly earlier group of writings on the end times of the Earth.
Submitted by William Haller on